Softening the Noise of Passing Traffic in Your GardenPosted on: 2nd February 2018
- Walls – A brick garden wall is an attractive feature that will help to combat the engine sounds of passing vehicles.
- Fences – Having a tall close board fence installed in your garden will have a similar effect on traffic noise.
- Hedges – A more natural sound block, hedges are surprisingly effective at removing the noises of passing vehicles. Some shrubs and trees are better at blocking noise than others and you can choose foliage that fits your garden.
- Water Features – A peaceful water feature will complement your patio. The sound of flowing water is soothing and will take your mind off the sounds of passing cars.
- Wind chimes – Hanging wind chimes in your garden might seem a bit 1970s. However, the peaceful clinking of the chimes in the wind will help cover up the noise of the traffic on the road.